Description of the goods or services required
Open early engagement
Large volume human serum or human defibrinated plasma containing autoantibodies to thyroid peroxidase (anti-TPO) at a titre >1000 IU/ml
The agency is looking to purchase a 2500 ml volume of human serum or human defibrinated plasma containing autoantibodies to thyroid peroxidase (anti-TPO) at a titre >1000 IU/ml.
Essential requirements are as follows:
- The volume must comprise units from different individual donors.
- Units must be certified by the supplier to be negative for viral markers including, as a minimum, viral markers for HIV, Hepatitis B and Hepatitis C
- The concentration of anti-TPO must be reported by the supplier and be >1000 IU/mL as determined by an anti-TPO immunoassay.
- Samples of a minimum volume, 2 ml, must be available to the customer free of charge for in-house testing to ensure material will be fit-for-purpose before continuing with any competition if required, i.e. tender/evaluations, or via direct award.
- Donor units must be reserved while in-house testing takes place for a maximum time of 3 months.
Desirable requirements are as follows:
- Suppliers should be able to confirm if donors have refrained from taking supplements (e.g. Biotin) in the period leading up to their donation.