Description of the goods or services required
PPME-Provision of a Fire & Rescue Mobilising and Telephony System for The East Coast Consortium
The East Coast and Hertfordshire Control Room Consortium (ECHCRC) is a partnership of four Fire and Rescue Services (Humberside, Norfolk, Lincolnshire and Hertfordshire) which has been established to deliver a technologically advanced and resilient control room function across the partner services and provide the opportunity for efficiencies.
The Consortium currently use jointly procured mobilising and telephony systems and the contract for these will end in Jan 2023. As a result a project team are currently gathering requirements in preparation for the re-procurement of these contracts to which this Pre-Procurement Market Engagement relates.
We are keen to engage with suppliers of these solutions to inform how we shape this procurement to best reflect our needs and what the market has to offer. We are keen to learn from your knowledge and experience in implementing these solutions across different Fire and Rescue Services and ensure that any procurement opportunities that emerge are appealing to prospective suppliers.
The East Coast Consortium was set up in response to the cancellation of FiReControl (a national project to replace the existing 46 Control Rooms in England with nine Regional Control Centres) in December 2010. There are currently four member organisations:
• Hertfordshire Fire and Rescue Service – covers the full county of Hertfordshire. The Service Headquarters is located in Hertford whilst the Training Fire Control Centre is located in Stevenage. It is administered by a Fire Authority which is an internal part of Hertfordshire County Council.
• Humberside Fire and Rescue Service - covers the area of what was the county of Humberside (1974–1996), but now consists of the unitary authorities of East Riding of Yorkshire, Kingston upon Hull, North Lincolnshire and North East Lincolnshire in northern England.
• Lincolnshire Fire and Rescue Service – covers much of the county of Lincolnshire and comes under the authority of Lincolnshire County Council. The headquarters and Fire Control are now part of a joint Police and Fire HQ based at the Lincolnshire Police Headquarters in Nettleham.
• Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service – falls under Norfolk County Council and covers the full county of Norfolk with a Headquarters in Wymondham
The East Coast Consortium have recently upgraded to the Capita Vision 4 system for Mobilising alongside the DS3000 system for Telephony/ICCS and the existing contract for these will end in January 2023. The Consortium do not currently have a shared Incident Reporting System but are considering options for procuring this either alongside the Mobilising and Telephony systems or separately.
The Scope of the proposed procurement spans the following:
• Mobilising System – To be used by all four FRS and which enables any of these brigades to be capable of mobilising for any other brigade
• Telephony System – To be used by all four FRS and integrated with the Mobilising System to enable Control Room Operators to receive and handle calls from within any of the Consortium members boundaries.
• Incident Recording System (Possible Procurement) – To be used by one or more of the FRS in the consortium to bring together incident data from the Mobilising System and Incident Commanders before submission to the Home Office Incident Reporting System.