Description of the goods or services required
Tees Valley Combined Authority (TVCA) are inviting suitably qualified providers to submit a quote to undertake the first three stages of the Guide to Rail Investment Process (GRIP). In order to obtain a robust view on feasibility, TVCA requires the production of the first three GRIP products to cover an upgrade of Hartlepool Station.
This is the recognised industry process for the development and construction of rail stations and other rail infrastructure schemes.
• GRIP Stage 1 - Output Definition
• GRIP Stage 2 - Feasibility
• GRIP Stage 3 - Option Selection
This upgrade should include:
• A complete reinstatement of the former southbound platform to modern standards and capable, as a minimum, of catering for new Northern and Grand Central rolling stock.
• A new fully accessible footbridge linking the reinstated platform to the main part of the station - given the location and constraints in the confined station area, it is assumed that the footbridge will have steps and lifts. This will need to provide appropriate clearance for W12 gauge and potential future electrification.
• Provision of a new station entrance, including ticket barriers, on the North (Marina) side and any works required to the wall on that side.
• Modern passenger waiting facilities including new shelters and additional seating on the reinstated platform.
• Provision of real time Customer Information screens (CIS) on the reinstated platform and at the new entrance to the station on the North side.
• Provision of a Long Line Public Address (LLPA) system on the reinstated platform.
• Provision of poster cases for timetables and other information.
• Provision of additional CCTV coverage for the reinstated platform and new entrance.
• Provision of modern standard lighting covering the reinstated platform and new entrance.
• Provision of a Ticket Vending Machine on the reinstated platform.
• Provision of all required signage - Platform Numbers, Running in Boards, Wayfinding, etc.
• Provision of step-free access to/from the new North side entrance.
• Station infrastructure is expected to be similar to that at stations constructed in recent years e.g. Low Moor, Kirkstall Forge, Apperley Bridge & Horden.
• This is an existing station so it is assumed that no signal or track works are required, but this study must confirm whether any such works may be are required as a result of the upgrade.