II.2.3) Place of performance
Main site or place of performance:
II.2.4) Description of the procurement
As part of the Shrewsbury Integrated Transport Package (SITP), Shropshire Council wish to procure and deploy a number of variable message signs (VMS), fixed plate with LED elements parking guidance sings (PGS) and fixed plate direction signs in and around the town of Shrewsbury:
• 10 x VMS,
• 3 x PGS,
• 2 x fixed plate direction signs.
The estimated value of the works is GBP 575 000.
In addition to the above basic requirement, tenderers are also invited to provide pricing for a number of options including:
• supply of 3 x VMS in place of 3 x PGS (Est GBP 53 000);
• supply and install of car park occupancy detectors (8 x entry, 10 x exit)/counters (eight off) (Est GBP 50 000);
• central control system service to receive car park counts and operate the signs (Est GBP 25 000);
• communications service provision for the 13 signs plus optionally eight car park counters (Est GBP 100/item per year).
In outline, the scope of the works includes (refer to technical specification for full scope):
• All items to be supplied will conform to UK, EU, Highways England, DfT and local authority standards. Where no standard exists, best industry practice will apply.
• Site surveys including RRRAP where required.
• Engagement with DNO for provision of power at each site.
• Design, supply, installation, commissioning of signs and posts including up to 5 m ducting to DNO power supply pillar and associated civil works. Provision of suitable cable and installation, termination and testing of the power supply from the DNO feeder pillar to the sign.
• Design, supply and installation of any VRS or maintenance bays associated with the new signs.
• Design, supply, installation, commissioning of any options taken up by the client.
• All items supplied will be subject to a witnessed factory acceptance test (FAT) and site acceptance testing (SAT).
• All items supplied will include the first year warranty and maintenance.
• CDM roles will be as specified in the technical specification.
II.2.5) Award criteria
Quality criterion: Quality
/ Weighting: 50 %
Cost criterion: Price
/ Weighting: 50 %
II.2.6) Estimated value
Value excluding VAT: 575 000.00 GBP
II.2.7) Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
This contract is subject to renewal: No
II.2.9) Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
II.2.10) Information about variants
Variants will be accepted:
II.2.11) Information about options
II.2.13) Information about European Union funds
The procurement is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: