Description of the goods or services required
Redcliffe Bascule Bridge Refurbishment
The works to refurbish Redcliffe Bascule Bridge include:-
Bridge and Civil Engineering Works
• Traffic management,
• Steelwork repairs,
• Concrete repairs,
• Painting of internal steelwork and bridge parapet,
• Structural modifications associated with nose clamping system,
• Replace timber walkway,
• Bridge deck waterproofing,
• Joint replacement,
• Carriageway and footway surfacing,
• Ducting for rising arm barriers, wig-wag signals, etc.
• Drainage repairs,
• Painting of cabins.
• Pigeon netting.
Mechanical and Electrical Works
• Replace existing nose bolt mechanism with a hydraulic clamping system,
• Replace manually operated emergency operating system to raise and lower the bridge with a powered system,
• Maintenance of the differential gearbox,
• Removal of existing gates and machinery and replace with rising arm barriers,
• Arrange inspection of the thruster holding brakes and magnetic motor brakes,
• Remove seized tail end air buffers and replace with modern energy absorbers,
• Remove seized nose end air buffers,
• Replace timber end stops,
• Replace faulty bridge angle monitoring system,
• Refurbish quadrant ring and rack teeth,
• Provide a new electrical bridge control system,
• Replace wig-wag traffic signals,
• Installation of CCTV for traffic monitoring,
• New electrical installations, plant supplies, electrical lighting, emergency lighting and small power installation replacement,
• Strip out and dispose of redundant equipment.
• Testing and commissioning,
• Provide Operation and Maintenance Manual,
• Provide training to Client’s staff involved in the operation and maintenance of the refurbished bridge.
• Provide spare parts and special tools.