Contract notice – utilities
Directive 2014/25/EU - Utility Directive
Section I: Contracting
I.1) Name and addresses
High Speed Two (HS2) Ltd
Two Snowhill, Snowhill Queensway
Contact person: Samuel Antony-Felix
Main address: https://www.hs2.org.uk
Address of the buyer profile: https://hs2.bravosolution.co.uk
The procurement documents are available for unrestricted and full direct access, free of charge at:
Additional information can be obtained from the abovementioned address
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent electronically to:
Tenders or requests to participate must be sent to the abovementioned address
I.6) Main activity
Section II: Object
II.1) Scope of the procurement
Secretariat Support Services for HS2 Ltd's Independent Design Review Panel (IDRP)
Reference number: Project_1919
II.1.2) Main CPV code
II.1.3) Type of contract
II.1.4) Short description
HS2 Ltd intends to procure a contract for the provision of secretariat support services for its Independent Design Review Panel (IDRP).
Further details on the scope of requirements relating to the contract is provided below in II.2.4) description of procurement.
II.1.5) Estimated total value
Value excluding VAT: 4 174 405.00 GBP
II.1.6) Information about lots
This contract is divided into lots:
II.2.2) Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3) Place of performance
II.2.4) Description of the procurement
HS2 Ltd intends to procure a contract for the provision of Secretariat Support Services for its Independent Design Review Panel (IDRP).
The intention is to contract with single supplier, who will be responsible for providing services to enable successful and effective:
• resource management of panel members — appointment and management of panel members, including their payment;
• implementation — planning, coordination, arranging logistics, chairing and recording panel meetings and the management of recommendations;
• additional support — supporting and illustrating the benefits of HS2 design across the programme; and
• secretarial support — provision of effective secretariat support to the IDPR with additional support to the IDPR Chair.
The IDRP forms part of the DfT Governance process and supports HS2 Ltd in ensuring that the aspirations set out in the HS2 design vision are achieved. The HS2 design vision is grouped around nine principles:
8) objective, and
The IDRP acts in an independent non-executive, advisory capacity, reporting functionally into the client organisation both at an operational level and senior management level, with an additional direct line of reporting to the sponsor (in this case, the DfT). The IDRP works to ensure that design decisions deliver against the design vision, consider the needs of a range of audiences and people, and are robust and transparent. The IDRP considers the three core design principles of the design vision; people, place and time.
The IDRP is currently supported by a Secretariat who is responsible for delivering a consistent design support service that is robust and able to stand public scrutiny if required. It supports HS2 Ltd and the HS2 design panel to encourage and stimulate public interest in HS2’s design and development and enables the IDRP to undertake its role effectively.
The objective of the IDRP is to support HS2 design leadership team in assuring its design vision. The IDRP scope extends across the whole HS2 Programme (Phase One and Phase Two).
II.2.5) Award criteria
Price is not the only award criterion and all criteria are stated only in the procurement documents
II.2.6) Estimated value
Value excluding VAT: 4 174 405.00 GBP
II.2.7) Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Duration in months: 24
This contract is subject to renewal: Yes
Description of renewals:
The initial contract will be awarded for a period of 2 years, with the option to extend for a further 6 years via fixed or multiple terms, taking the maximum contract term to 8 years. The estimated values quoted in this contract notice include allowance for the extension option.
II.2.9) Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
II.2.10) Information about variants
Variants will be accepted:
II.2.11) Information about options
II.2.13) Information about European Union funds
The procurement is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds:
II.2.14) Additional information
Tenderers are referred to VI.3) additional information in this contract notice below.
Section III: Legal, economic, financial and technical information
III.1) Conditions for participation
III.1.2) Economic and financial standing
Selection criteria as stated in the procurement documents
III.1.3) Technical and professional ability
Selection criteria as stated in the procurement documents
III.1.4) Objective rules and criteria for participation
Tenderers are referred to the procurement documentation for information about the conditions for participation.
III.1.6) Deposits and guarantees required:
At any stage of the Procurement HS2 Ltd reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to request a Parent Company Guarantee (PCG) and/or some other financial or performance guarantee as set out within the procurement documents.
III.1.7) Main financing conditions and payment arrangements and/or reference to the relevant provisions governing them:
Tenderers are referred to the procurement documentation for relevant information available at this contract notice stage.
III.1.8) Legal form to be taken by the group of economic operators to whom the contract is to be awarded:
HS2 Ltd will accept expressions of interest and tenders from single entities or consortia but will not accept expressions of interest and tenders from entities intending to subcontract the requirement. If awarded, each of the parties to a consortium shall be jointly and severally responsible for all obligations and liabilities under the contract, and any PCG will apply to all such joint and several obligations and liabilities.
III.2) Conditions related to the contract
III.2.1) Information about a particular profession
Participation is reserved to a particular profession: Yes
III.2.3) Information about staff responsible for the performance of the contract
Obligation to indicate the names and professional qualifications of the staff assigned to performing the contract
Section IV: Procedure
IV.1.1) Type of procedure
IV.1.8) Information about Government Procurement Agreement (GPA)
The procurement is covered by the Government Procurement Agreement:
IV.2) Administrative information
IV.2.1) Previous publication concerning this procedure
Notice number in the OJ S:
IV.2.2) Time limit for receipt of tenders or requests to participate
Local time: 12:00
IV.2.4) Languages in which tenders or requests to participate may be submitted
IV.2.6) Minimum time frame during which the tenderer must maintain the tender
Duration in months: 10 (from the date stated for receipt of tender)
IV.2.7) Conditions for opening of tenders
Local time: 12:01
Section VI: Complementary information
VI.1) Information about recurrence
This is a recurrent procurement:
Estimated timing for further notices to be published:
VI.2) Information about electronic workflows
Electronic invoicing will be accepted
Electronic payment will be used
VI.3) Additional information
1) Terms with an initial capital letter used in this contract notice and the procurement documents have the meanings given in the procurement documents.
2) A tenderer may be a single organisation or a consortium. A tenderer may only submit one tender. HS2 Ltd will not accept multiple tenders from the same organisation/economic operators, or from multiple organisations/economic operators within the same corporate group or otherwise under common ownership (whether as single tenderer or as party to a consortium). Organisations/economic operators considering a response to this procurement are advised that they must:
(i) only belong to one tenderer and submit one tender as that tenderer (note: if an organisation/economic operator(s) intends to submit a tender then it must decide if this is to be submitted as a single applicant, or as part of a consortium); and
(ii) not offer their services as a service provider acting as a sub-contractor to another tenderer.
4) All tenderers are required to express an interest by registering on the HS2 e-Sourcing portal (https://hs2.bravosolution.co.uk/web/index.html). Registration is only required once.
5) For further assistance on use of HS2 Ltd's e-Sourcing portal, Tenderers should contact the portal's helpdesk which is available Monday to Friday (8.00-18.00) GMT via:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org or
Telephone: +44 8003684850.
6) The procurement process may be terminated or suspended at any time without cost or liability to HS2 Ltd. HS2 Ltd does not bind itself to enter into any contract arising out of the procurement procedure envisaged by this contract notice. No contractual rights express or implied arise out of this contract notice or the procurement procedure envisaged by it. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to vary its requirements and the procedure relating to the conduct of the award process. HS2 Ltd reserves the right to disqualify any tenderers on terms set out in the procurement documents.
7) Tenderers shall be solely responsible for and liable for all costs associated with and arising out of or in connection with responding to this contract notice, ITT and with submitting any tender, howsoever incurred.
8) HS2 Ltd embraces diversity and welcomes tenders from all suitably skilled and experienced economic operators of all sizes who can meet the requirements, regardless of gender, ethnicity, sexual orientation, faith, disability or age of supplier workforce and/or ownership.
VI.4) Procedures for review
VI.4.1) Review body
High Court of England and Wales
Royal Courts of Justice, Strand
VI.4.3) Review procedure
Precise information on deadline(s) for review procedures:
HS2 Ltd will incorporate a minimum of 10 (ten) calendar day standstill period at the point information on the award of the contract and the reasons for the decision is communicated to tenderers.
VI.5) Date of dispatch of this notice