Please register on the following portal to view this notice:
Time-limit:Time-limit:02/06/2020 at 13:00 hrs
This RFI is issued prior to the commencement of a formal contract award procedure and seeks to obtain information from the market place to inform the procurement strategy.
Air Commodities Delivery Team (AC DT) has a requirement for an initial purchase of circa 1000 items per annum of lightweight thermal protection garment, to be worn on top of a base layer and underneath all other aircrew clothing, for use on all UK Military aircraft. The contractor will be required to produce a system that will:
• Provide a minimum Clothing Insulation Rating of 0.5
• Provide high warmth-to-weight ratio, with the weight not to exceed 1.02 Kgs
• Materials must not propagate fire
• Provide a breathable fabric which is comfortable next to skin
• Provide moisture management to reduce overheating due to warmer temperatures or extreme exertions
• Easily donned and doffed by the User and allow for ease of use whilst urinating
• Be machine washable
Must be available in a range of sizes, from small to extra-large including a special measure capability
The Contractor will also be required to deliver a Technical Data Pack for the system and carry out any necessary engineering and integration activities.