Description of the goods or services required
Provision of a comprehensive, reliable, accurate and professional media relations service
The successful Tenderer will be required to:
• provide a 24 hour, 365 days a year media service to the print and all forms of broadcast media, including social media, on the instructions of the Assistant Secretary in charge of the Strategy & Reform Directorate of the Courts Service (or such other person as may be delegated for that purpose) in consultation with the Chief Executive Officer;
• work, or provide designated individual(s) agreed with the Head of Communications to work, with personnel in the Information Office of the Courts Service in Phoenix House, Smithfield, Dublin 7 during office hours Monday to Friday and at such other times as the exigencies of the job may require.
The nature of the service to be provided will include:
• facilitating accurate coverage of court proceedings
• assisting the reporting of high profile trials
• establishing and maintaining relations with other agencies about issues concerning
• accommodating the reasonable requests of court reporters
• promoting high journalistic standards in court reporting
• organising official press conferences and launches for the Courts Service
• organising public education/information campaigns for the Courts Service
• compiling media supplements on the work of the Courts Service and its Modernisation Programme and
• editing publications including Annual Reports and Strategic Plans.