Description of the goods or services required
Support to the Secretariat of the Foreign Investment Council of Belarus – PR and Communications Consultant
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (the EBRD or the Bank) is supporting the establishment of Foreign Investment Council (“FIC”) in Belarus where policymakers and businesses can come together to discuss investment climate-related challenges and reforms in a systematic, structured and results-oriented fashion. The EBRD also helps establish the Secretariat of the Investment Council, which provides analytical and organisational support to the Investment Council operations. The Councils are designed to serve as platforms for public-private dialogue. They engage key stakeholders, including businesses, public authorities, and international financial institutions in constructive conversations, with the ultimate aim of leveraging the private sector’s experience for enhancing the content and prioritisation of policy reforms.
Against this background, the EBRD is now launching a public call for the position of PR & Communications Consultant. This is a consultancy contract, and the contracting entity will be the Bank. The initial contract will be for a period of 12 months.
The expected outcomes of the Assignment are:
· Promoting constructive dialogue and consensus-building on the necessary steps to be taken amongst the authorities and private sector in addressing the most pressing issues for the development of the private sector and improving the business climate in general and fostering domestic and foreign investment in particular;
· Discussing reform efforts carried out by the authorities to enhance the attractiveness and competitiveness of the Belarusian economy;
· Identifying the main impediments to foreign direct investment and setting up a platform of objectives, incentives and mechanisms necessary to attract quality investments;
· On the basis of the recommendations and proposals of the Council members, the President or other designated authority may make decisions, give indications to the line institutions, and initiate draft normative acts designed to improve the development of the private sector and of the business environment in general;
· Enhancing the visibility of investment decisions as well as of reform efforts to improve the business environment among the domestic and foreign business community;
· Monitoring the progress in implementing the recommendations and deliberations of the Foreign Investment Council.
The tasks of the Consultant include, inter alia, the following:
· Identify key impediments to domestic and foreign investments for consideration by the FIC;
· Provide presentation and communication support to the Secretariat by producing top quality presentations on diverse topics related to the improvement of the investment climate in Belarus;
· Formulate requirements, provide quality assurance support to PR and communications materials procured from external service providers (consultants, media, etc.);
· In collaboration with FIC’s members prepare the agenda and ensure that appropriate documentation is provided to the FIC and its working groups;
· Make presentations of conclusions and recommendations of the FIC and/or its working groups to relevant government bodies, private sector representatives and the EBRD;
· Provide quarterly reporting to the EBRD in English; and
· Summarise the achievements and challenges of the assignment in annual reports to the EBRD in English as well as to the relevant government bodies.