Description of the goods or services required
NHS Sheffield CCG - Cardiology Diagnostics (Ambulatory ECG) Services (AQP)
The NHS supports improved access to diagnostic tests as part of the drive to reduce waiting times and improve choice options for patients. Community based diagnostic services are supported as part of a strategy to improve access to tests and ensure these tests are delivered at the right stage of the patient care pathway.
The overarching aims of the Service are:
• To ensure patients receive the right test at the right time and in the most clinically appropriate local setting
• To ensure diagnostic testing is integrated across pathways of care, that the report follows the patient and that there is no unnecessary duplication of investigation
• To enable patients and referring clinicians to access a choice of provision according to patient choice, clinical need and relevant care pathway
• To ensure diagnostic tests are appropriate, necessary, clinically correct, of high quality, with timely access and reporting
• To develop local Service provision as part of a diagnostic commissioning plan which aims to improve access and choice for patients.