Description of the goods or services required
Belsay Awakes - improved facilities for visitors, educational function and conservation works
The project will deliver improved facilities for visitors, an educational function and execute conservation works extending the continued use of the property. The property consists of four main elements, the Hall, the Castle, the Coach House and the Grounds, all of which are encompassed and integrated within the project.
Within the project there are a number of elements of work, all of which are interconnected, with the following main items noted:
• Belsay Hall: Repairs to the main roof structures, replacement of the covering, repairs to the ceilings affected, and protection of the collections
• Belsay Castle: Repairs to the historic fabric
• Coach House: Repairs to the fabric, refurbishment/conversion works and creation of new café/catering facility
• Services: Drainage works to service the new/improved facilities
• Gardens and Landscape: Conservation works to the gardens and landscaping, and formation of woodland ‘play and learn’ installations.
• Interpretation: A scheme of works to provide informative installations for visitors
• Car Park: Conversion of Paddock into useable car parking space for approx. 100 cars
• Education Space: Conversion of Kennels to create indoor education space