Description of the goods or services required
Thames Tideway Tunnel - C405 Main Works West - Architectural Soft Landscaping
The Thames Tideway Tunnel project (the Project) will control CSO discharges by intercepting and diverting combined sewage flows into a new storage and transfer tunnel. The main tunnel will run from Acton Storm Tanks in west London to Abbey Mills Pumping Station in the east, where it will connect to the Lee Tunnel, which will transfer the combined sewage to Beckton Sewage Treatment Works for treatment. The Project extends from Acton Storm Tanks in west London, to Abbey Mills Pumping Station in east London. The Project includes associated works at Beckton STW, Shad Thames Pumping Station and Bekesbourne Street.
The geographic layout of the Project and local authorities through which it passes is shown in Figure 1.
The Project comprises:
i. a main tunnel which will capture and store combined sewage from CSOs along its route and transfer it to Abbey Mills Pumping Station, from where the Lee Tunnel will transfer it for treatment at Beckton Sewage Treatment Works
ii. 11 connection tunnels, which will link flows from CSOs to the main tunnel.
i. five main tunnel Worksites (drive and/or reception sites)
ii. 16 CSO Worksites
iii. two System modification Worksites Thames Tideway Tunnel
iv. works at Beckton Sewage Treatment works.
Section 4: Scope of Works
The Subcontract works include but are not limited to:
ACTST: Scope of works include the supply and installation of:
• Swale Features
• Edging + Granite kerbs
• Wildflower meadow
• Reinstate Grass area
• Shrub planting
• Trees + tree pits
BAREL: Scope of works include the supply and installation of:
• Wildflower Meadow Planting
• Gravel maintenance strip
• Grass seeding
• Wet tolerant grass
CARRR: Scope of works include the supply and installation of:
• Trees + Tree Pits
• SUDS area with planting
• Root barriers
• Structural soft cells
• Bio Retention area
• (Tree root management system)
• Bird boxes
DRMST: Scope of works include the supply and installation of:
• Intertidal terrace planting
• Reinstated planting to Causeway Island
• Trees and tree pit
• Gravel margins
- See marked up drawing of DRMST Areas – showing sequencing
KNGGP: Scope of works include the supply and installation of:
• Power and water supply
• Signage and Wayfinding
• King Georges Park granite signage kerb
• Litter bins
• Soft landscaping to park entrance
• Woodland planting
• Root barriers to trees
- See marked up drawing of KNGGP Areas – Areas 1 + 2 only for this package.
- CSO requires weight loading exclusion zone – no machine loading
- Paving + Asphalt by others
- Area handed over to landscape contractor from below subsoil formation level.
PUTEF: Scope of works include the supply and installation of:
• Grass seeding and subsoil build up to Watermans Green
• Reinforced turf and subsoil build up
The Subcontractor is to allow for:
- Surface finish infill to all access covers
- Foundations and haunching to all feature installations named within scope above – kerbs, drains etc..
- Coordination with hydraulic cover installer to ensure cover setting out. Contractor should allow a visit per worksite for s/o of hydraulic.
- Allow to work around and coordinate installation with in ground luminaires, conduits and ducts, and metalwork (handrails)
- Movement details against all structures, and architectural installations (Kiosks/ beches/ Ventilation columns)
- Coordination with soft landscaper for termination/ interface details
- All lifting/ craneage associated with the delivery installation of the Subcontract works.
- Works adjacent to water for the intertidal terrace at DRMST
- Delivery and unloading of all materials and equipment
- Temporary works designs associated with the works. This includes the provision of any CAT 1, 2, or 3 which may be required to satisfy any Subcontractor temporary works designs.
- Samples and mockups for approval in accordance with the Specifications and Works Information documents.
- All documentation issued in time for approval to include (but not limited to):
o Method Statements + Risk Assessments (RAMS)
o Factory + Installation Inspection and Test Plans (ITPS)
o Material Compliance Records (MCRS)
o Lifting Plans
o Designer Competency form
o ISO 9001
o Designers CV
o Designers Matrix
o Organisational Chart
The Subcontractor shall comply with the requirements set out in the Works Information and BMB procedures.