Description of the goods or services required
The London Borough of Hillingdon is running a tender competition for an agreement (the Contract) for the Water Ingress Remedial Works at The Battle of Britain Bunker, Uxbridge. The Scope of works is listed below.
Construction works in connection with the repair and maintenance of ventilation shafts at the Battle of Battle Bunker.
• The Scope of the works is to prevent or reduce the amount of water entering the bunker:
• To repair the leaking intake shaft to Plant room Y
• To overhaul and clean the four air shafts, remove their cowls and to clean the intake grills.
• Prevention of flood water overflowing the kerb and path to the Entrance, then flowing down the stairs to lower corridor
• To improve the existing surface water drainage system in order to direct flood water away from the bunker
• To replace undersized drainage pipes.
• To repair defective asphalt to the roofs over the main entrance and exit, together with local repairs to shafts.
• To overhaul and improve the weathering detail of the iron door and frame to the exit doors.