Description of the goods or services required
Provision of Post Office ICT Managed Services
Isle of Man Post Office (IOMPO) invites expressions of interest from suitably qualified and experienced organisations, who are interested in providing a comprehensive range of ICT services.
The tender will be divided into nine `Lots’ and organisations are welcome to submit responses to all or individual elements, with the core services and functions to include:
1. Wide Area Network (WAN) and Firewall * To design, supply, install, test and commission all necessary hardware, software and relevant setup / configuration services for the provision of a WAN. All equipment must be supplied by the Contractor as part of the service, and includes Customer Premises Equipment (CPE).
Existing WAN comprises 10Mbps & 100Mbps private circuits provided over copper connections, with one other site having fibre connectivity. There are five sites, each is categorised to a service level, which dictates resilience and support requirements.
2. Local Area Network (LAN) To provide a full managed LAN service to a defined service level agreement. This will initially be a take-on of the existing LAN infrastructure (Cisco Nexus & Catalyst LAN hardware) with a refresh of all hardware within 12 months of the contract being awarded. IOMPO network uses TCP/IP as the transport protocol, a well-established IP addressing scheme is in place for both data and voice services, routed over the LAN infrastructure.
IOMPO operates a large estate of mobile devices that is reliant on a secure, resilient and stable centrally managed Wi-Fi infrastructure within its core sites to maintain mail service operations.
3. Broadband Services * To design, supply, install, test and commission all necessary hardware, software and relevant setup / configuration services for the provision of managed connectivity (currently Broadband) to its remote locations. All existing equipment must be maintained by the Contractor as part of the service, and includes CPE.
IOMPO currently has its broadband provision supplied to the main sites as well as Sub-Post Offices and self-service kiosks. Bandwidth availability under the current arrangements is ADSL2+ 16mbps downstream / 832kbps upstream & VDSL 40mbps downstream / 2mbps upstream.
4. Internet provision * To implement a reliable and cost efficient supply of internet connectivity services to the IOMPO. This is to enable the daily data transfers between the IOMPO and its customers, as well as general internet usage to externally hosted services.
IOMPO currently ingests internet services via a dedicated 100Mbit line directly into the N+1 Data Centre with a 10Mbit committed data rate (CDR), burstable to 100MB for the production environment. For the development environment, this is supplied via an ADSL2 line directly into the Communications Room using a Hurricane Electric tunnel broker to provide IPv6 addressing.
5. Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) Mitigation IOMPO, like any other organisation is highly reliant upon the internet connectivity for providing digital services for customer consumption as well as delivering critical operational services to the business. With this continued growth comes an increased target for external security threats and a greater impact to operational activities. To mitigate such security risks IOMPO is looking for a Contractor to provide DDoS Attack Mitigation services. The current DDoS bandwidth protection is limited to the 10Mbps CDR on the Internet Service.
6. IP Telephony To implement a hosted IP Telephony service, which must have the capacity to carry all of the IOMPO inbound and outbound voice traffic in the most economical way without compromising service or quality. The service is to be provisioned securely and then distributed internally via the IOMPO WAN, with internal calls (at no cost) using VoIP to the five main sites.
The provision of IP Telephony handsets to replace the current, as and when required. Currently Mitel IP telephones are used throughout the IOMPO main sites as well as Audiocodec MP124 SIP Gateway to facilitate the usage of faxes and cordless walkie-talkie phones. With all voice traffic separated onto a separate VLAN. IOMPO will continue to use its current DDI range and therefore the Contractor must be able to support local DDI ranges.
7. Managed Exchange To design, supply, install, test and commission all necessary hardware, software and relevant setup / configuration services for the provision of managed Microsoft Exchange Server. This Lot will be handling emails for three domains: iompost.com (232 mailboxes) iomstamps.com ims-iom.com (43 mailboxes)
Exchange administration including user mailbox administration and data backup is to be provided within the fully managed service, with the option of on-line administration by the IOMPO. Currently, the Exchange is installed on a VMware ESXI 6.5 HA hypervisor environment, located in an N+1 data centre. Email filtering services are achieved by Exchange Online Protection, with nightly tape backups and VMware snapshots. There is also a requirement to integrate with core systems to maintain current functionality.
8. Managed Platform / Infrastructure as a Service / Private Cloud - VDI / Desktop as a Service (DaaS) To design, supply, build, test and commission all necessary hardware, software and relevant setup / configuration services for the provision of a full managed resilient infrastructure platform within a minimum N+1 Tiers 3 data centre to migrate its existing server and storage estate to.
The Data Centre must hold ISO 27001 accreditation and have a 24/7/365 monitoring and support service. Access to diverse routing as well as being network connectivity agnostic is paramount. The managed platform and data centre must be located on the Isle of Man.
This Lot also includes an additional section on VDI / DaaS to identify any additional cost efficiencies / benefits to the IOMPO by including this functionality to the proposed hosted environment. This is a non-mandatory section and does not affect the scoring for the main requirement.
9. Data Centre Hosting This Lot is designed to obtain costing to compare the cost of IOMPO obtaining a fully managed service (Lot 8), compared to the IOMPO managing the estate internally, hosted at a resilient Island based data centre. IOMPO would like to identify a Contractor to design, supply, test and commission all necessary hardware, software and relevant setup / configuration services for the provision of two full height racks within a minimum N+1 Tiers 3 data centre situated in the Isle of Man, to transfer its existing server and storage estate to.
The data centre must hold ISO 27001 accreditation and have a 24/7/365 monitoring and support service. Access to diverse routing off the island as well as being network connectivity agnostic is paramount. This service must also include remote eyes and hands services.
* It is a core requirement for Lots 1, 3 and 4 that the organisation is licensed to operate the proposed services on the Isle of Man.
Due to the sensitivity of some of the technical information contained within the tender documents, IOMPO will be asking all companies who express an interest in this opportunity to sign a nondisclosure agreement prior to the issue of the tender.
Please be aware that neither the Isle of Man Post Office nor any other part of Government or any other organisation assisting with the procurement process, will accept any charges for expenses or losses incurred by any interested party as a result of responding to this enquiry.