Description of the goods or services required
The University are looking to appoint a Consultant to provide mechanical and electrical design services to support the proposed Estates Rationalisation Programme, working alongside the University’s externally appointed Programme Manager and Architect. This 3 to 5-year programme consists of a series of inter-related projects across the University estate to be undertaken with the aim of improving estate suitability, condition, space utilisation and cost efficiency.
The Programme is in its early phase of development with planning for Summer 2020 now underway. The first phase of the programme will involve the following projects:
• Relocation of photography from St Mary’s Buildings, City Campus to Level 2 of the David Goldman building at the St Peter’s Campus;
• Relocation of CEG from Johnson building, City Campus to Reg Vardy, Level 3, St. St. Peters Campus and to repurpose the existing Johnson building footprint into staff/student parking;
• Refurbishment of David Goldman, ground floor area, St Peters Campus (works include EUZ and LEP funding required to be spent by January 2021);
• Relocation of Estates & Facilities and Enterprise & Innovation Services from Design Centre building, into St. Marys Building, both buildings are on the City Campus;
• Relocation of Print Centre out of Design Centre building, City Campus off Campus (with potential retention of small outlets on campus);
• Demolition of the Design Centre building, City Campus.
The above identifies the required projects for phase 1 of this ambitious programme, projects may be added or removed from the programme as it is developed.
Phase 1 of the works are to be completed by August 2020 with the demolition works noted above to be completed by December 2020.
The successful M&E Consultant will be expected to act within an M&E services designer capacity on all projects within Phase 1 of the overarching programme; it is unlikely, at this stage, that a single design team will be appointed for the entire Estate Rationalisation programme. It is expected the M&E Consultant will be involved in delivery from inception to post completion activities for works associated with Phase 1.
The M&E Consultant will be expected to report to the Lead Designer (Architect); Extensive liaison will be required under this commission within the stewardship of the Programme Manager and / or the individual Project Manager(s), working alongside the Estates Development Manager and Lead Designer.
Expressions of interest outside the UoS Framework will not be accepted and will be removed without further correspondence.