Description of the goods or services required
Provision of a Costing and Pricing Solution for Research Grants
The University is a leader in delivering world class research and therefore needs the ability to cost proposals for research in a timely and efficient manner.
To enable delivery, the University needs a solution that will provide the following.
• Calculates the Full Economic Cost of proposals using TRAC methodology
• Flexibility within the tool to allow different future scenarios to be costed out.
• Configurable electronic workflow to ensure all internal parties can approve the costing
• Integration with other systems.
• In solution reporting to allow costs to be easily extracted for use in the funder application process.
• To be actively developed to ensure both evolving functional (changing needs of the grant costing landscape) and non-functional (compatibility with client systems) are met.
The University does have an existing solution to carry out any of these functions currently but wishes to assess the market to ensure that the best solution is being used.
The University is undertaking an evaluation of existing internal systems and processes to establish their suitability to meet current requirements and IT support systems, alongside evaluating offerings from external vendors.