Description of the goods or services required
Nottingham Trent University is looking for a provider who has the ability to assist in positioning itself with key political and policy stakeholders to raise the University’s profile and influence in relation to issues of strategic policy and practice that are of importance to the institution and the sector.
It is envisaged that the service provided by the awarded supplier will encompass, as a minimum, the following:
- Analysis of the political and policy environment across all Government departments and opposition parties, providing a unique insight, in order to ensure that NTU understands the key drivers of the key individuals that may shape the environment in which the University operates.
- Developing the NTU story on these drivers which will resonate most in order to generate reputation, goodwill and credibility.
- Accessing individuals and/or their advisers to convey the NTU message and contribution in consideration of these drivers.
- Liaising with the organisations around Government to enable NTU to appreciate and influence the formation and implementation of agendas.
- Advising on and, where appropriate, organising formal and informal interactions between NTU and groups of politicians and officials (e.g. appearances at Select Committees).
- Facilitating NTU’s entry into appropriate Networks.
- Counselling NTU where it features – or could feature – in press coverage relevant to the political and policy environment, working with the NTU press office where appropriate.
- Supporting the promotion of NTU as a source of expertise and experience across a range of key selected policy areas.
- Monitoring the political scene to pick-up emerging opportunities and threats to NTU.
- Interpreting a complex message and turning it to the University’s advantage.
- Supporting the academic activities of the University where possible, including giving work placements and specialist sessions for students and assisting in the impact of NTU research projects.