Description of the goods or services required
Defence Equipment & Support (DE&S) is a bespoke trading entity, and arm’s length body of the Ministry of Defence (MoD). It manages a vast range of complex projects to buy and support all the equipment and services that the Royal Navy, British Army and Royal Air Force need to operate effectively. DE&S works closely with industry, including through partnering agreements and private finance initiatives. The DE&S Chief Information Officer within DE&S is the sole authority within the IM&IT Function responsible for the establishment of a Delivery Partner framework contract.
The IM&IT Function is responsible for sourcing the skills and experience needed to deliver against the business need. This could be for a short-term need (i.e. specific time boxed piece of work) or an urgent need where a surge in capacity is required until a more permanent resource can be acquired. In addition, there may be instances where specific niche skills are required that DE&S would never recruit against, and therefore an avenue to bring those skills into the business for temporary periods is required.
To cover the requirement to flex manpower or resource project tasks, it has been proposed to use the 5-mode approach as detailed below:
• Mode 1 – To be able to supplement workforce, i.e. bring in people into IMIT to take a specific job role (i.e. manpower substitute).
• Mode 2 – To supplement the current workforce and deliver defined requirements, working with the relevant contractor to confirm the best way to deliver this (i.e. output based tasking).
• Mode 3 – To partner with a contractor who can work with IMIT to identify and recommend tasks which look to introduce innovation and upskilling within IMIT (i.e. consultancy).
• Mode 4 – To deliver an entire project or programme of work where the output and approvals were defined by DE&S (i.e. outsource the delivery of the outcome).
• Mode 5 – To partner with a contractor who can work with IMIT to jointly fund and create proof of concepts based on specific innovations.
It is anticipated that a tasking may include a mix and match of the above modes, dependent on the requirement.
In each of these scenarios/modes, the contractors would be undertaking one of the following:
• Providing capacity, where it does not exist in DE&S.
• Delivering outputs for specific project tasks.
• Providing a specialised skill set which would not generally be filled by a DE&S colleague.
Change and transformation (including Business Engagement and Business Analysts)
• Business Analysis
• Requirement Generation
• Cost Benefit Analysis
• Business Relationship Management
• Data Analysis
Strategy Architecture and Solution Design
• Enterprise Architecture
• Solution Architecture
• Service Architecture
• Data Architecture
• Business Architecture
Development and Implementation
• Agile Project Management
• Scrum Mastery
• Development Languages:
o .Net (C#)
o Oracle Apex
• Database Administration
o Microsoft SQL
• Graphic Design
• Quality Assurance
• Release Management
Service Delivery and Operations (Supplier Management)
• Service Desk/Operations
• Infrastructure Configuration, Administration and Support
• Environment Provision and Configuration
• Vendor and Supplier Management
• Service Transition Management
• Risk Assessment
• Operational Service Management
• Change Management
• Service Asset and Configuration Management
• Data Protection
• Risk Management
• Cyber Security
• ISO27001 Qualified
• Information/IT Security
• Data Science
• Security Design
• Threat and Vulnerability Assessment
• Continuity and Service Management (ITSM)
Knowledge Information Management
• Information/ Records Management (IM/RM) Subject Matter Guidance
• IM/RM Policy and Process Management?
• IM/RM Improvement and Maturity Planning
• IM/RM Knowledge Management and Skills Transfer
• IM/RM Training
• Records Management
• IM Risk Management
• IM/RM Strategic Document Production
BI and Analytics (Including Data)
• Data Architecture
• Business Analysis
• Data Science Development
• BI Development
o SQL C#
o Visual Studio SSIS, SSAS
o Power BI
o M Language
• Data Visualisation and Design
• Data Modelling
• IT Environment Management
o Application Configuration
o AD Administration
Plus others as they emerge
Consulting Support to CIO