Description of the goods or services required
Social Care Wales holds the register of social care workers in Wales. Groups who are required to register are:
- Social workers
- Social work students
- Residential child care managers
- Residential child care workers
- Adult care home managers
- Domiciliary care managers
There are over 15,000 people currently on the register. Domiciliary care workers are in the process of registration, and will need to be registered by April 2020. This will more than double the number of people on the register. We anticipate that care home workers will also be required to register in the near future.
To register, workers have to show that they are suitable to work in social care in Wales by:
- Following the Code of Professional Practice for Social Care (the Code) and practice guidance for their role
- Having the right knowledge and skills (including qualifications)
- Being physically and mentally fit to practise, as well as have suitable competence and character.
The outcome of this work is to get further information about current awareness and use of the Code amongst all registered workers, to provide an evidence base to steer further work
The Supplier is expected to:
- Develop and test a survey that is clear, simple, confidential and accessi-ble
- Engage with Social Care Wales in the development of the survey
- Engage with a wide range of social care workers to carry out the survey, representing different regions in Wales
- Carry out individual or group interviews with registered people to enrich the data
- Produce a report summarising key themes and trends
- Make recommendations for how Social Care Wales can carry out future surveys
- To adhere to agreed branding, design and style requirements
- Consider Welsh language requirements, although there isn’t a need for the supplier to be able to speak Welsh themselves
Please see Specification for more information
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Sell2Wales Web Site at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=95701.
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.