Description of the goods or services required
Seafish wants to appoint an experienced researcher, consultant or consortium to deliver part of SF2040 Recommendation 16:
- Map skills, recruitment and retention needs and issues across the entire value chain and
- Review best practice with regards to training, skills development and workforce retention within the UK and overseas.
Tenders are invited to collect quantitative and qualitative data on seafood labour market intelligence (e.g. migration, labour force patterns, etc.) and conduct regional workshops and interviews as well as develop a survey in order to assess and review the seafood industry's:
1. recruitment and retention needs and issues
2. national and international best practice in training, skills development, and workforce retention
•Research services - 73110000
•Research consultancy services - 73210000
•Economic research services - 79311400
3. current training infrastructure to identify areas of improvement
The data collection, assessment and review will culminate in meaningful and feasible recommendations from net to plate based on the information and findings captured.
Seafish requires a consultant, researcher, agency, and/or consortium that will be able to deliver the following activities and outputs:
- Bespoke qualitative and quantitative research resulting in a tidy, easy to follow dataset in Excel format for future use by Seafish and other stakeholders
- Final report with an Executive Summary, Recommendations, Conclusion and Reference sections with clever and relevant infographics for easy digestion of data etc.
- Two stages of presentations to the Project Steering Committee