Description of the goods or services required
For the recently funded EPAC laser facility on the RAL site it is essential to have an enabling Target Fabrication capability. The increased repetition rate of the lasers which will be installed is giving unprecedented challenges for the rapid production of high precision microtargets in very high numbers.
Such kit requires a highly specialised environment in which to operate particularly high specification cleanroom conditions. The CLF is located centrally on the RAL site and is very limited for expansion capacity. Suitable laboratory space has now been identified.
In summary, the allocated laboratory space is to be converted to house the CLF's MEMS equipment as soon as possible.
To achieve this, the building works required will include:
• Remodelling of an existing single storey space by creating a new sealed room within the existing larger space. This will be accessible via an existing pair of double doors to one side, and a new pair of double doors to the other. The new enclosing structure will consist of full height and ¾ height glazed panels to match the existing glazing system;
• The remodelling of an adjacent room to form a 'plantroom';
• The separation of the two with a traditionally build 'plenum chamber' wall to control circulation for the air filtration system;
• Incorporation of an air handling/filtration system to maintain the necessary levels of air cleanliness;
• Various other mechanical and electrical elements.
•Lasers - 38636100
•Building construction work - 45210000