Description of the goods or services required
NPTCBC Tourism Team recently secured funding via the Visit Wales Regional Tourism Engagement Fund (RTEF) to deliver the Discovery Clusters (working title) marketing campaign.
RTEF is supported through the Welsh Government Rural Communities – Rural Development Programme 2014-2020, which is funded by the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development (EAFRD), and Welsh Government.
The aims and objectives of the Discovery Clusters campaign are as follows;
Project Aims and Objectives:-
The aim of the project is to raise the profile of Neath Port Talbot as a visitor destination by showcasing product which plays to our strengths and aligns with the Wales brand.
The project objectives are:
1. To deliver a ‘perception changing’ marketing campaign to attract key visitor markets to Neath Port Talbot.
2. To mobilise tourism sector partners to work in partnership to deliver bookable product.
3. To deliver a more direct route to market for Neath Port Talbot tourism product which complies with the requirements of the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements 2018.
Project Delivery Mechanisms:-
The purpose of the campaign is to work in partnership with tourism operators within Neath Port Talbot to raise the profile of the area as a visitor destination, challenge negative perceptions of the area and increase overnight stays.
Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council will act as project managers, however, key to achieving the objectives of the project will be establishing a series of private and voluntary sector led product clusters to deliver a minimum of six visitor experiences within Neath Port Talbot.
The project programme includes the following elements for delivery as part of this commission;
1. Public relations campaign - including securing travel blogger/ press visits
2. Online/ digital/ social media campaign targeting key markets
3. Group/ corporate travel campaign targeting travel organisers such as tour operators.
4. Six promotional videos (one for each experience)
5. Photography for use in delivering the campaign
6. Campaign graphic design including design of digital/ paper based materials for use by product clusters
7. Copywriting/ translation
The following project elements will be delivered through other commissions (not included within this brief);
8. Commissioning of a project manager and facilitation with stakeholders.
9. Product development for the six bookable products in partnership with industry clusters - to include non-accredited training.
10. Delivery of legal advice to product clusters relating to the Package Travel and Linked Travel Arrangements Regulations 2018 and the writing of a case study to inform wider tourism stakeholders of the approaches taken within the project.
NPTCBC is seeking a suitably qualified and experienced marketing agency that can evidence capability in delivering Destination Marketing Campaigns to deliver an integrated marketing campaign which showcases the six core products and meets the aims and objectives of the project.
As part of this commission the successful agency will be required to deliver project elements 1-7 as outlined above in partnership with the NPTCBC Tourism Team and, where appropriate, interact with the contractors appointed to deliver elements 8-10 to deliver the campaign.
The successful agency will be required to comprise creative concepts for the campaign. The current working title is ‘Discovery Clusters’ but the successful company will be required to create a concept which aligns with the new Neath Port Talbot Place Brand.
NOTE: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. To obtain further information record your interest on Sell2Wales at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=94702