Description of the goods or services required
NHS Wakefield Clinical Commissioning Group is seeking to procure a Diagnostics Non-Obstetric Ultrasound Service for the population of Wakefield offering a 3 years contact with an option to extend the contract for one further year. This will be an open tender for a single service provider. Partnership or lead provider bids will also be welcome. This will be an out of hospital based service and will integrate with the secondary care diagnostics services as well as the wider health care system.
The NHS supports the need to develop improved access to diagnostic tests as part of the drive to reduce waiting times and improve choice options for Patients. The need to develop community based diagnostic services is supported by the Royal College of Radiologists and Royal College of General Practitioners as part of a service strategy to improve access to tests and ensure these tests are delivered at the right stage of the Patient care pathway. The overarching aims of the service are:
• To ensure patients receive the right test at the right time and in the most clinically appropriate local setting.
• To ensure diagnostic testing is integrated across pathways of care, that the report and images follows the patient and that there is no unnecessary duplication of investigation.
• To enable patients and referring clinicians to access a choice of provision according to Patient Choice, clinical need and relevant care pathway.
• To ensure diagnostic tests are appropriate, necessary, clinically correct, of high quality and with timely access and reporting.
• To develop local service provision as part of a diagnostic commissioning plan which aims to improve access and choice for patients
•Health services - 85100000