Description of the goods or services required
Ormskirk rail to bus stations cycle works
West Lancashire Borough Council (the Council) is seeking to engage an experienced and suitably qualified Contractor to provide the provision a new cycle path on an existing footpath on land between Ormskirk bus and rail station approximately 215m in length. The Council wants to upgrade the existing footpath to create a shared use cycle way/footpath to provide improved access for pedestrians and cyclists between the existing train station and bus station. This cycle path/footpath will ultimately link to a wider cycle network. This works will include;
1. Tree removal as specified in arboricultural report
2. Relocating and upgrading existing lighting columns as identified on plans
3. Relaying of a new Styrene Butadiene Rubber/Aggregate surface (SBRA) or similar alternative surface material.
4. On site treatment/management of Japanese Knotweed as identified in the Japanese Knotweed Management Plan.
5. Widening of the path at specified locations including the introduction of retaining gabion walls features
6. Introduction of new bollards and signage
7. Introduction of a new DDA compliant handrail to extend the full length of the path.
arboriculture, knotweed, removal, footpath, tree, cycleway