Description of the goods or services required
Active Partners Trust (Active Derbyshire) acting for Active Amber Valley is seeking to appoint an individual or organisation to identify, collate and analyse the assets, existing opportunities and need in seven identified places in Amber Valley to help inform planning so that active lives become the norm for people who live, work and study in each community.
Aim of the work:
- Identify key partner, contacts, insights and knowledge for each area.
- Collate existing physical activity opportunities and provision for each area.
- Undertake the necessary community engagement to understand need and gather an understanding of what residents would like to do.
- Identify individual and community motivations and barriers that may be impacting on physical activity levels.
- Analyse the findings in a report on each area that:
• Prioritises each area in terms of their readiness for intervention both from a community and a partner perspective to reduce physical activity inequalities.
• Outlines the assets that can be built on as the foundation for future intervention.
• Presents both community and partner insights to inform planning.
• Provides recommendations, suggested action and identifies the key partners and groups operating in the area.
- Throughout, the report should address the inequalities that exist in physical activity and sport engagement with a focus on people with a long-term limiting illness or disability and people from a lower socio-economic group.
Full details for this work can be found here: www.activederbyshire.org.uk/uploads/active-amber-valley-invitation-to-quote.pdf