Description of the goods or services required
Supply of an Immunoassay system for the testing of Infectious Diseases and the mandatory screening of Blood donations.
The Isle of Man Government invites expressions of interest from appropriately experienced and established market providers for the supply of an Immunoassay system for the testing of Infectious Diseases and the mandatory screening of Blood donations within the Pathology Department at Noble’s Hospital in accordance with UKBTS Guidelines for the Blood Transfusion Services in the UK (8th Edition 2013).
The Contractor will be required to undertake the design, supply and installation of a system which is capable of performing true random access analysis of 20,000 blood samples for infectious disease serology per annum.
For the Department to accept an Expression of Interest, potential applicants must be able to provide a fully automated single analyser with true walk away capabilities which fulfils the following requirements:
• Ability to test for Hepatitis B surface antigen (HBsAg) , Anti-Hepatitis C virus, Anti-Hepatitis B surface antigen (Anti-HBs), Anti-Hepatitis B core, HIV Antigen/Antibody combination, Anti-Syphilis IgG and IgM, Anti-Rubella IgG, Anti-Cytomegalovirus IgG and IgM, and Anti-Human Tcell Lymphotropic Virus I/II (HTLV I/II) as a minimum repertoire.
• Must be able to read ISBT code 128 sample barcodes.
• Must be able to bidirectional host-query with the Departments LIMS (Clinisys – Labcentre).
• Must have a method of interfacing with Savant PULSE for transmission of Blood donor screening results to the Transfusion Service.
• Must be CE marked, with proven use in UK Pathology Laboratories and Blood Transfusion screening Centre’s.
• Must have a system to allow on-board reagent and waste management.
• The contractor must be able to supply a solution which can be accommodated within a small laboratory with a footprint no larger than two (2) meters wide and two (2) meters in depth.
The Contractor will be required to provide ongoing maintenance support of the system, providing advanced training to accommodate the geographical positioning of the Isle of Man and the requirement for front line staff to support the system when operationally the Contractor cannot attend the Island.