Description of the goods or services required
Douglas Water retention Flap-gate (SHORT DEADLINE)
We are looking for a contractor to remove and refurbish Douglas Water retention Flap-gate. A cofferdam will be constructed from the DOI Harbours stop logs to allow maximum working hours.
The Department is seeking a competent contractor to carry out Mechanical works to aid in the maintenance of the Douglas Flap Gate.
We shall require the contractor to provide labour and equipment for the following.
1. Remove railings and fit temporary barriers on Douglas Road bridge.
2. Attach Davit socket to edge of bridge for man rider.
3. Fix anchor points for restraints to aid with the insertion of stop logs.
4. Construct and fix it to existing structure seawards side tower side for guiding of stop-logs into channel.
5. Construct removable steps to give access to stop log insertion point marina side south quay side .Insertion brackets to be fitted to the lower face of the bridge lowering lip.
6. Construct means of access to stop-log insertion point seaward side south quay side. This needs to be fixed and have an anchor point attached to prevent fall.
7. Test cylinder support brackets (pull test)
8. Unbolt traffic sign poles.
9. Replace Stop signs 601-1 red octagon signs.
10. Remove flap-gate cylinder pins and secure to support brackets.(DOI engineer will retract cylinders fully.)
11. Fabricate 2 new hinges as per dwg 301 and 302. Fit if necesary
12. Remove protective hinge plates to gain access to gate hinge arrangement.
13. Remove 16 M20 stainless steel nuts from top half of bracket.
14. Remove tops of hinge
15. Remove flap-gate from cofferdam with aid of Crane.
16. Remove lower half of hinge from concrete base.( this may be in conjunction with groundwork’s contractor
17. Refurbish flap-gate to include Refurbish / replace cylinder clevis bracket.
18. Grind off 100mm X 10mm and fit new round the edge of the flap-gate for fixing flap-gate seal too. Seal is ‘P’ seal PM 874101 neoprene hardness 65 by Portmere Rubber.
19. Refurbish flap-gate clean and paint minimum of 24M² lower half and then a price per M²
20. Refit lower hinges.
21. Replace flap-gate with aid of Crane contractor.
22. Refit hydraulic cylinders.
23. Replace and refit 16 M20 nuts from top half of the bracket.
24. Refit hinge covers.
25. Remove temporary barriers.
26. Refit permanent railings.