Description of the goods or services required
PLEASE NOTE THAT THE TENDER PACK HAS NOT BEEN ISSUED. THIS IS ADVANCED NOTICE TO PREPARE TEAMS FOR THE TENDER. It is envisaged that the tender pack will be launched in August 2019, whereby the closing date listed in this opportunity is subject to change, based on the actual release date.
Southern Water are seeking to outsource sourcing activity, as a service, to a single service provider. The successful service provider will work with the internal procurement team, do deliver the sourcing activities required, based on the Southern Water defined category strategies.
The services will include, but are not limited to;
- Detailed scoping activity and requirement gathering, working with Southern Water business unit owners and project teams to create specifications.
- Tender pack preparation, including invitation and instruction to tenderers, contract notices, contract award notices, both in line with UCR (2016)
- Contract drafting based on the business requirements, working with Southern Water legal counsel
- Delivery of sourcing plans aligned to internal category strategies.
- Conducting UCR compliant tender events based on sourcing strategies
- Contract negotiation activity with suppliers, working with the Southern Water legal team, business unit owners and project teams.
- Delivering “mini-tenders” under existing Southern Water frameworks, for low value sourcing events adhering to the sourcing rules under each framework
The initial contract term is 12 months, whereby at the mid-way point, the successful provider and Southern Water will work to either transition services back to Southern Water internal team, or seek to ramp up and improve the service, taking the extension option whereby it is expected that the supplier will adopt new ways of working, and the adoption of new technology where appropriate, and agreed by Southern, to improve the sourcing services delivered to procurement's internal customers.