Description of the goods or services required
The NHS Wales Shared Services Partnership, hosted by Velindre NHS Trust are acting on behalf of Cardiff and Vale University Local Health Board who are seeking to establish a contract for an Optometric Advisor based at Woodlands House, Maes y Coed Road, Heath Cardiff CF14 4TT. The job will have 2 sessions every week with flexible work patterns.
The advisor (amongst other duties) will;
- Provide expert advice to, leadership, management and oversight of the Optometric and Ophthalmic contract, Regulation and policy issues; attending any relevant meetings identified or requested by the UHB i.e. local ROC group meetings, Ophthalmology working groups (service redesign and improvement), C&V ECCG meetings, joint EHEW & LVSW committee meetings, Welsh Ophthalmic Planned Care Board, National Eye Care Steering Board
- Undertake contract performance/compliance and Clinical Post Payment Verification visits to the contractors’ premises either independently or with the UHBs appointed expert auditor, where appropriate. Provide expert advice to contractors about clinical governance issues, complete reports, agree action plans with contractors and review that actions are satisfactorily completed to ensure contractors are contract compliant.
- Support the assessment of applications to the Performers’ Lists and approval of clinical references for performers wanting to join NHS Ophthalmic Performers’ Lists
- Provide expert clinical and professional advice as and when required
The contract holder will be required to;
- Maintain good communication, liaison and working arrangements with all UHB Directorates, and other agencies.
- Maintain own continuing professional development (CPD) in line with recommendations from the GOC and keep up to date on all relevant guidance and NHS targets, ensuring the effective dissemination of relevant information as directed.
- Comply with all relevant Policies & Procedures in exercising the duties of the role.
- Undertake a DBS check before undertaking any work
NOTE: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. To obtain further information record your interest on Sell2Wales at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=94183