Description of the goods or services required
Reading Borough Council is looking to procure a number of digital solutions across Adult Social Care to save time and improve services for our residents. For instance, we are working to ensure that our back end processes are leaner, more efficient and modernised, in order to free up valuable time for staff to spend where it matters most.
We are also looking to enhance the service we provide to residents by enabling independence and self-sufficiency through ‘self-directed support’.
We are looking in particular at:
• Mobile working solutions - Enabling staff to work in the community through creating and accessing digital case files and forms on portable devices.
• Reading Services Guide - A service directory of adult social care services
• An E-Marketplace – by extension of the Reading Services guide, a system which matches an individual’s care preferences with service providers and allows them to arrange and purchase care to suit their needs.
• Client Portal – by extension of the e-marketplace, a portal for clients to purchase equipment and adaptive technology, view their care records and manage their care, for instance by submitting self-assessments and self-reviews.
• Electronic Care Monitoring - A scheduling and finance tool for the homecare market to make electronic payments and track care provided against planned care.
The Council would like to understand from key providers how these requirements might best be met and is therefore carrying out a soft market testing exercise to engage in early informal dialogue prior to any formal procurement taking place.