Description of the goods or services required
P0381 - Highways and Transportation Works Framework (Market Sounding Exercise)
The current contracts are due to expire March 2020, and we are seeking input from the market to gauge the level of interest in participating in a framework for the provision of highways and infrastructure works when the existing provision finishes.
We have developed a questionnaire for interested parties to complete and return back.
The works that are most likely to be delivered through the framework are small and medium sized highway and infrastructure projects and are likely to include (the list is not exhaustive)
• Excavation of existing carriageway, footways, landscaped areas, and removal of trees
• Demolition of structures
• Installation of new drainage
• Flexible pavement and footway construction
• Installation and removal of road markings and signs
• Installation of pedestrian crossings and traffic signals
• Installation of lighting columns, bollard, and electrical connections
• Removal and installation of traffic signs
• Co-ordination of statutory undertakers works and connections
• Provision of new planted landscaping
• Traffic management
• Flood alleviation
• Design of part / whole projects, including Early Contractor Involvement where appropriate.
The outcome of the market sounding exercise will inform a report detailing the options available to the Council.
Potential bidders will not be prejudiced by any response, failure to respond or attendance of face-to-face interviews.
Potential bidders must also note that a response to this Market Sounding does not guarantee an invitation to participate in this or any future procurement that Birmingham City Council may conduct or that the Council will procure any such supply and services or accepts any proposals offered.