Description of the goods or services required
NHS Bristol, North Somerset and South Gloucestershire Clinical Commissioning Group (BNSSG CCG) is seeking expressions of interest in a Non-Scalpel Vasectomy Service for patients registered with a GP in Bristol, North Somerset or South Gloucestershire.
BNSSG CCG intends to commission a service which brings together a Vasectomy Service and Semen Testing Service that are currently provided under separate contracts.
The Non-Scalpel Vasectomy Service will provide, pre-vasectomy counselling, surgical operation and post-vasectomy testing.
The objectives of the service will aim to:
• Improve access and convenience for patients.
• Improve patient experience and clinical outcomes.
• Improve the robustness of the vasectomy service by delivering more choice.
• Develop the patient pathway within a community setting.
• Provide value for money through reduced cost and increased quality outcomes.
The contract will be for an initial 5 years with a possible extension of any period up to a further 2 years, as defined at the discretion of the Commissioner.
BNSSG CCG has an annual budget of £411,487 (£2,057,435 over 5 years), plus an optional extension of up to 2 years making the total value up to £2,880,409. Indicative activity levels are provided in the tender documentation.
This procurement is being carried out by NHS South, Central and West Commissioning Support Unit (SCW) on behalf of the Commissioners.
Health services - 85100000