Description of the goods or services required
Tai Calon wish to appoint an experienced and competent Consultant under a RICS Standard Form of Consultants Appointment, to undertake visual and intrusive surveys of a sample of the blocks to identify the construction makeup of the thermal elements of the buildings and to identify the cause of the ‘dampness’ internally.
The Key duties for this requirement include but are not limited to;
• A full review of the existing technical surveys and maintenance records relating to the structures on site. We envisage this to include review of the Building Survey elements of the WYG masterplan and repairs history logs.
• Undertake intrusive surveys to:
o establish construction build up and thickness, type, position and quality of insulation within the external walls and roof structures;
o establish areas of cold bridging;
o locate and identify defects relating to dampness internally and establish the cause of the defects;
o Assess the adequacy of the existing mechanical and background ventilation and heating systems provided within the flats;
o Assess the buildings exposure to wind driven rain;
o Provide comment on the effects of shading / orientation.
• The consultant will be responsible for making good finishes following intrusive surveys to ensure the buildings maintain weather tightness.
• A full visual survey of all of the buildings and structures on the site is not required. A sample of blocks will be surveyed only.
• Recommend various options for repair / improvement to address the defects found as a result of the surveys.
• Condition ratings, repair works & costs are to be prioritized over a 30 year period.
• Provision of a single interpretive report.
• The consultant will be required to attend a pre-start meeting to agree the scope of works and methodology for the surveys prior to starting on sit
Further information relating to the scope of works can be found in the Invitation to tender documents on etenderwales
ITT - 73429
NOTE: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. To obtain further information record your interest on Sell2Wales at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=91748