Description of the goods or services required
The University of Bristol's Faculty of Engineering (ENGF) owns and continues to procure many items of equipment, plant and related technical assets in its laboratories and workshops over multiple sites. Assets vary in scale and complexity (large industrial test machines to microscopes and electronic test equipment) with some having associated statuary obligations (e.g. portable appliances, lifting gear and pressure vessels), servicing requirements and calibration requirements. ENGF wishes to implement a single asset management system.
The outcomes of implementing an asset management system will be:
• Asset tracking, management and identification for ENGF’s assets.
• A single repository, by item, of service records, calibration records and maintenance activities.
• Quick and simple interrogation of asset data, at the asset, by users.
• Scheduling of planned maintenance activities and use of the system to plan maintenance budgets, works and related activities.
• Record training and competence of users for some assets.
• Allow ENGF to have a holistic view of its assets and use asset management data to evidence decisions and inform action regarding the management of its assets.