II.2.2) Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3) Place of performance
II.2.4) Description of the procurement
1) TfL is seeking to appoint up to four (4) suppliers to recover outstanding debt accumulated and to deter future evasion of payments within the existing or future RUC or TE schemes, or any debt accumulated by TfL from other areas of the business such as rent arrears on TfL's commercial property estate.
2) The appointed suppliers must follow statutory processes and charge applicable fees as prescribed by statute. Each appointed supplier will be required to maintain facilities, resources and personnel to effectively perform enforcement action in England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland as required, receive payments and respond to customer enquiries. This shall include, but not be limited to:
(a) continuous access to vehicle and registered keeper information;
(b) provision of an enforcement system;
(c) provision of a Customer website; and
(d) provision of a Customer contact centre.
3) The main scope of this contract includes each appointed Supplier being able to:
(a) execute warrants issued by TfL's Core Service Provider (CSP),
(b) provide processes to trace debtors addresses, and seize or otherwise take control of goods pursuant to controlled goods agreements (payment plans);
(c) provide facilities to store any goods seized and dispose of these goods at auction to recover monies owed;
(d) provide facilities and procedures to take various payment formats, customer enquiries and complaints; and
(e) remit daily to TfL, all monies collected from executed warrants managed by the CSP.
4) There are also technical and reporting requirements set out in the contract schedules to the contract, below is a brief summary, consisting of the following:
(a) each supplier shall operate and maintain technical systems which include an interface messaging system to communicate with the CSP as detailed in the statement of requirements;
(b) secure hand held devices to store warrant data safely;
(c) Make Global Positioning System (GPS) technology available to enforcement agents;
(d) utilise mobile Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology to locate persistent evading vehicles; and
(e) each supplier shall have infrastructure security to ensure that all IT networks comply with TfL Cyber Security policies;
(a) each supplier shall provide TfL with reports that monitor performance and other reports as referenced in the schedules to the contract.
5) This contract may include the recovery of outstanding debt accumulated from rent arrears owed to TfL on commercial properties (commercial rent arrears recovery). Further information can be found in the procurement documents.
6) The option to extend the scope of the services to cover other debts in respect of extensions of any RUC, TE or any new scheme or modified traffic convention or offence or commercial rent arrear recovery (CRAR).
7) The estimated total value of the contract is 1 007 000 000 GBP as indicated at II.1.5) and II.2.6). The value is a forecast of all future remittances over the total ten (10) year period of the contract (if TfL extends the contract beyond the initial term of 5 years) and consists of:
(a) Estimated Debt Recovery value (remittance to be paid to TfL) 605 000 000 GBP;
(b) Estimated Enforcement Agency (EA) Fees 402 000 000 GBP.
If the service of CRAR is utilised, the estimated value is 500 000 over the total ten (10) year period.
The selection questionnaire (SQ) including the date to return the completed SQ can be found at the link provided in Item 1.3) to this Contract Notice.
II.2.5) Award criteria
Price is not the only award criterion and all criteria are stated only in the procurement documents
II.2.6) Estimated value
Value excluding VAT: 1 007 720 000.00 GBP
II.2.7) Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Duration in months: 120
This contract is subject to renewal: Yes
Description of renewals:
The proposed contract is for an initial five (5) year term with an option, at TfL discretion, to extend for a further period of up to five (5) years, the total contract length being up to the (10) years. TfL will have the right to terminate the contract at any point during this five (5) year extension period, providing a minimum of six (6) months prior notice period is given to suppliers.
II.2.9) Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
Envisaged minimum number: 6
II.2.10) Information about variants
Variants will be accepted:
II.2.11) Information about options
Description of options:
The option, at TfL's discretion, can extend the service for up to a further period of up to five (5) years, after the initial five (5) years term, the total contract term being up to ten (10) years. TfL have the right to terminate the contract at any point during this five (5) year extension period, providing a minimum six (6) months prior notice period is given to suppliers.
II.2.13) Information about European Union funds
The procurement is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds: