Description of the goods or services required
Provision of MiFare DESFire cards (PO/2019/RFQ16)
Isle of Man Post Office (IOMPO) has provided agency services to Isle of Man Government Social Security Division for the payment of benefits for more than 40 years.
With the aim to modernise, upgrade and generate cost savings, MiCard was introduced to replace the previously paper based system. Customers receive a physical ‘MiCard’ following the completion of a secure enrolment process. When presented at a Post Office it confirms the identity of the holder and enables the Post Office to recall entitlement data on their till and make cash payments
accordingly. No personal data or money is held on the card, all access to benefit transactions is protected according to AES encryption standards.
IOM PO is looking for quotations for new cards to replace the existing cards which are currently in circulation.
MIFARE DESFire EV2
EV2 hardware running on EV1 format
Including 3 applications:
2 encrypted applications to existing specification
1 application to store card identifier (e.g. number) for ‘key free’ access, if possible
Full colour print
2k or 4k capacity
Anticipated volume: 15,000
The cards are to be:
Read by Ingenico ISC250
Over-printable with a Datacard SD460 printer
Due to the sensitivity of the technical information, should companies require additional details in order to submit a response, they will be expected to sign a non-disclosure agreement.
Potential suppliers must include how they plan to comply with above requirements. The response must include:
1. Provision of References *
2. Completion of Form of Acknowledgement *
3. Completion of Schedule of Confidential Information *
4. Completion of Supplier Questionnaire *
5. Clear demonstration of how your company meets the above requirements
6. Explanation of the manufacturing process and whether it adheres to any ISO accreditation or other external audit oversight, providing
a full specification sheet
7. Anticipated delivery timescales and cost to IOMPO (Postal HQ, Spring Valley Industrial Estate, Douglas, Isle of Man IM2 1AA)
8. Confirmation of proposed sampling procedure, any cost implications and delivery times with:
a) minimum volumes
b) functional testing
c) print/artwork proofing
9. A fixed fee to cover the anticipated volume of cards, if using 2K capacity and/or 4K capacity.
* The supplier declarations, reference and supplier questionnaire documents can be obtained from the below contact.
Failure to address any areas requested above may disadvantage the assessment of your submission.
Please be aware that neither the Isle of Man Post Office nor any other part of Government or any other organisation assisting with the procurement process, will accept any charges for expenses or losses incurred by any interested party as a result of responding to this enquiry.
IOMPO does not bind itself to accept the lowest or any quotation, and reserves the right to accept a portion of any quotation, unless the supplier expressly stipulates otherwise in their quotation.