Description of the goods or services required
You are invited to submit a quote for the provision of 2 Folder inserter mailroom machines with associated hardware maintenance.
The duration of the contract will be 5 years, with the option to extend in yearly increments.
The award criteria will consist of cost and the following pass/fail requirements;
• Each enveloper should come fully installed and capable of utilising BCR, OMR and OCR technology.
• Each enveloper must be capable of enveloping a minimum of 60,000 envelopes per month, per annum.
• Each enveloper (and it's furniture if applicable) cannot exceed the space available in the print room, which for each enveloper is 260cm in length and 120cm in width
• If the enveloper requires specialist furniture it should be included in the return/in the price.
• Each enveloper will have a minimum of 24 programmable programs available.
• Each enveloper will be capable of enveloping a minimum of 4000 items per hour.
• Each enveloper will be capable of folding and inserting at least 8 (eight) A4 pages into an envelope.
• Each enveloper should have a minimum of 1 high capacity feeder with a capacity of no less than 725 sheets.
• Each enveloper should have a minimum of 5 insert stations/feeders. (This number can include the high capacity feeder/s) in the point above.
• Hardware maintenance should be Next Working Day (9am-5pm) fix.
The supplier should guarantee delivery, training and installation date by the end of January 2019.
Although the Authority will not be purchasing any closed loop software at this time, it is essential that the folder inserter quotes are fully compliant in the future for when the Authority does proceed in this direction.
Please ensure the quote is valid for 30 days, and is a quote exclusive of VAT.