Description of the goods or services required
Public Health England (PHE) requires the provision of an Exosome and Macrovesicle Quantification and Profiling System for use in its Cancer Mechanisms and Biomarkers Group laboratories. The system will be used mainly for elucidating the role of extracellular vesicles in propagating bystander effects and mediating the risk of Acute Myeloid Leukaemia (AML) development in the bone marrow.
The proposed solution MUST be able to fulfil all of the following requirements:
- Be able to quantify extracellular vesicles on a particle-by-particle basis.
- Be able to measure extracellular vesicles ranging from 30 nm to 15 microns in size.
- Be able to calculate the concentration of extracellular vesicles within a given size range.
- Allow for the study of how certain parameters may affect the size distribution in a heterogenous extracellular vesicle population.
- Provide information on specific size subtypes.
- Be able to characterize individual particles in a sample population, allowing for multimodal samples to be analysed.
- Be able to measure the particles' dry size.
- Be able to calculate individual particle zeta potential.
- Allow for subpopulation determination (e.g. particle number per ml) associated with a given size range.
•Detection and analysis apparatus - 38430000