Description of the goods or services required
The provider will undertake independent moving and handling reviews of current Adult Care Occupational Therapy Customers' needs. This will ensure that individuals remain safe and that they receive the appropriate level of service to best meet needs. Where required, the provider will also carry out re-assessments and support planning (moving and handling plan) according to service user need.
The purpose of the reviews is to:
• Accurately identify service user needs and enable these needs to be met in the most effective and efficient manner; providing best value to the Council
• Review and reassess up to 400 service users ensuring plans are completed and all service users are transferred to a new workflow.
• Maximise independence and to prevent, delay or reduce the need for service users to require residential care, hospital inpatient provision or more intensive support.
• Ensure that effective use is made of community equipment and Telecare / Assistive Technology to increase independence and reduce dependence on care services.
• Reduce packages of care to promote independence and self-care as appropriate. This includes potentially reducing the numbers of carers through the use of alternative equipment or techniques.
• Identify service users who no longer require moving and handling plans/equipment due to a change in needs.
•Health and social work services - 85000000