Description of the goods or services required
Painting and repairs before painting of Council Homes 2021 – 2026
Mid Devon District Council is seeking to appoint a suitably experienced and qualified contractor/ consortium to deliver the minor repairs, preparation and painting of all previously painted external surfaces and surfaces in communal areas to council housing stock. Including but not limited to walls doors fascia’s, soffits, barges railings, gates within the cartilage of the properties highlighted in the property list in accordance with the specification and manufactures recommendations, some doors, fascia’s, soffits and gutters may also require replacement.
The contractor must survey and carry out all the necessary minor repairs and preparation at least 2 weeks before the painters arrive on site.
The Contractor is expected to visit the appointed properties in order to ascertain the extent of the works before tendering. The dwellings generally consist of:
• 2 storey buildings of traditional brick/rendered cavity wall construction with tiled/slate roof. The ground floors will be suspended or solid floors and the first floors suspended timber.
• 2/3 storey blocks of flats 2 bedroom flats and communal areas serving these flats.
• Traditionally constructed 2 bedroom bungalows with solid floors.
• Non-traditional units, (2/3 bedroom houses, 1/2 bedroom flats and 1/2 bedroom bungalows)
• All properties will be occupied during the works