Description of the goods or services required
SC20006 - Gravesend Bus Hub
Interested suppliers can register their interest via the Kent Business Portal and will then automatically be sent the SQQ document for completion which must be submitted by the due date As part of the Kent Thameside Local Sustainable Transport schemes package, a new bus hub is to be implemented to improve the transport interchange between bus and rail in Gravesend town centre (Barrack Row and Garrick Street). The Gravesend Bus Hub scheme was made possible with the completion of the Rathmore Road scheme, which implemented a re-routing of the one-way traffic system in Gravesend town centre. This scheme aims to improve rail, bus, bike and pedestrian links. Land previously owned by Network Rail to the south of Barrack Row has been acquired in order to provide the space necessary for 4 new bus stops in this location. KCC completed this land purchase in March 2018. The two tenants in place on the land - Hertz Rentals and Saturn Taxis have both now vacated and the property has been made secure. As the land acquired from NR came without any Right of Support, the existing slope stability presents a risk of undermining the new infrastructure works and canopies to be installed as part of the bus interchange in Barrack Row. To mitigate the risk, slope stabilisation works will be installed. For the Garrick Street improvements, KCC Public Transport require a high-quality product that enhances the premium bus service offered by Fastrack. A Kent based architect was commissioned to work up canopy designs for Fastrack in Garrick Street. The style and type of canopy has then been used along Barrack Row to give a similar quality feel and look for the local bus stops. Planning permission drawings and documents have been submitted to KCC Planning as the works are not covered by permitted development rights and come under a Regulation 3 application, with Gravesham Planning being consulted as part of the planning process. Determination is currently scheduled for mid-October 2020.
The current planning application can be found Here. https://www.kentplanningapplications.co.uk/Disclaimer?returnUrl=%2FPlanning%2FDisplay%2FKCC%2FGR%2F0162%2F2020
The works will involve:
• The construction of four new bus bays and the refurbishment of three existing bus bays including public realm works of which 1,850m2 will be in granite paving;
• Street lighting and a traffic signal junction upgrade;
• Installation of three dual pitch canopies with a 41.400m x 6m canopy in Garrick Street and two 19.230m x 4m canopies in Barrack Row together with canopy lighting and timber street furniture comprising seating, planters, and litter bins;
• Installation of electric bus opportunity charging infrastructure and associated ducts;
• 200 m2 of slope stabilisation comprising soil nailing and flexible facing to the Network Rail slope;
• 20m long proprietary segmental pre-cast reinforced concrete wall;
• Statutory Undertakers diversionary works.
The construction period will typically be circa 9 months on site The anticipated construction costs are circa £2M
More information on the project can be found Here https://www.kent.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/road-projects/in-progress-road-projects/gravesend-bus-hub#tab-1