Description of the goods or services required
2.3 The Public Services Ombudsman for Wales is seeking to appoint an IT support provider that will be responsible for:
• Ensuring that the Ombudsman IT systems and IT devices authorised to connect to PSOW on premise servers e.g. individual PSOW Issued PC’s / laptops / other portable media (i.e. tablets / smartphones) are available for use, and to proactively manage the PSOW IT infrastructure to minimise downtime and to meet an overall availability target% of 99% (excluding planned outages)
• Providing 2nd line IT Support to the PSOW IT Team who provide the 1st line helpdesk support service to PSOW staff.
• Providing 1st line support to PSOW staff working at PSOW offices or at home relating to PSOW hardware and authorised applications and connection to PSOW servers for urgent matters where PSOW internal IT team are not available.
• Providing proactive monitoring, management and reporting to PSOW of IT security matters including malware risks and up to date virus definitions to provide assurance for security of PSOW servers, network and connected hardware.
• To manage and monitor in-house server backups and to work with the external cloud backup solution provider to provide assurance for the integrity of the data, and to assist where necessary in the recovery from the cloud of this data (for testing and real events).
• To liaise with contracted 3rd party application / software providers to assist in fault resolution or upgrades.
• To provide additional project work at agreed rates in a timely manner.
The above is a summary of the main requirements. Full details of the service requirements are provided within the Specification as detailed in Schedule 1
NOTE: To register your interest in this notice and obtain any additional information please visit the Sell2Wales Web Site at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/Search/Search_Switch.aspx?ID=104406.
The buyer has indicated that it will accept electronic responses to this notice via the Postbox facility. A user guide is available at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/sitehelp/help_guides.aspx.
Suppliers are advised to allow adequate time for uploading documents and to dispatch the electronic response well in advance of the closing time to avoid any last minute problems.