Description of the goods or services required
COVID-19 Contacts Adherence to Self-Isolation Behavioural Insights Survey (CABINS): Telephone Survey and Online Focus Groups/Interviews with people notified as contacts of cases of COVID-19.
The Research & Evaluation Division are inviting a research agency to tender for delivery of two products: (1) behavioural insights telephone survey, and; (2) online focus groups/interviews to support the organisational response to COVID-19. Project deliverables related to each component are:
Behavioural Insights Telephone Survey
1. Development, recruitment and delivery of two rounds of a c.25-question telephone survey to c.1,000 people across Wales identified as contacts of COVID-19 cases on two occasions (September and November 2020). In total, 2,000 people will be involved in the telephone survey. Data held by Public Health Wales will be used for recruitment and sample stratification. Questions will assess six outcomes: (1) trust in information from Public Health Wales; (2) confidence in Public Health Wales; (3) COVID-19 risk perception; (4) behavioural adherence; and (5) capability, opportunity, and motivation to adhere to self-isolation guidance.
2. Data cleaning.
3. Supply of anonymised data in a format suitable for data analysis in a standard statistical package (i.e., .csv for SPSS, R)
Online Focus Groups/Interviews
4. Development, recruitment, and delivery of 2 x 60 minute focus groups with 8 participants in each group on two occasions (September, November, 2020). In total, 32 participants will be involved in focus groups. Online focus groups/interviews will be conducted among a stratified sample of the general population who are identified as at highest risk of non-adherence from evidence review and analysis of routinely collected data held by Public Health Wales. (If focus groups are not feasible, shorter (30 minute) interviews with 32 participants (16 on each occasion) will be delivered instead.) Focus group/interview topic guides will be informed by the COM-B (Capability, Opportunity, Motivation) model of behaviour change and will discuss COVID-19 risk perception, barriers and enablers of self-isolation (and other public health measures), and involve an element of testing public communication.
5. Transcription of focus groups/interviews.
6. Thematic analysis of focus group transcripts.
7. Supply of anonymised focus group transcripts
NOTE: The authority is using eTenderwales to carry out this procurement process. To obtain further information record your interest on Sell2Wales at https://www.sell2wales.gov.wales/search/search_switch.aspx?ID=102881