The procurement documents are available for unrestricted and full direct access, free of charge at:
II.2.2) Additional CPV code(s)
II.2.3) Place of performance
Main site or place of performance:
To North Ayrshire Council.
II.2.4) Description of the procurement
As well as providing the Software as a Service (SAAS) solution, the system will also be required to:
— be compatible with mobile devices from the contract commencement starting with 8 devices;
— be required to integrate with a number of existing Council systems.
The service provider will also be required to:
— provide a planning service to work with the Council to understand both the business and technical priorities for implementing the new system;
— provide engagement that will include onsite planning and technical workshops and the delivery of a deployment plan with recommendations;
— fully implement the new system using a phased approach, beginning with Test users before expanding out on a team by team basis;
— carry out a mobilisation period with dual running of the systems being necessary during this stage whilst users migrate from the old system to the new systems;
— train a select number of NAC employees as ‘Super Users’ so that a sufficient level of expertise exists within roads.
II.2.5) Award criteria
Quality criterion: All award criteria is stated in the ITT documents
/ Weighting: 50
II.2.6) Estimated value
Value excluding VAT: 260 000.00 GBP
II.2.7) Duration of the contract, framework agreement or dynamic purchasing system
Duration in months: 36
This contract is subject to renewal: Yes
Description of renewals:
Option to extend by 2 (two) x 1 (one) year extensions.
II.2.9) Information about the limits on the number of candidates to be invited
II.2.10) Information about variants
Variants will be accepted:
II.2.11) Information about options
II.2.13) Information about European Union funds
The procurement is related to a project and/or programme financed by European Union funds:
III.1.1) Suitability to pursue the professional activity, including requirements relating to enrolment on professional or trade registers
List and brief description of conditions:
For completion by Non-UK businesses only — If required by the member state, bidders are required to be enrolled in the relevant professional or trade registers within the country in which they are established.
III.1.2) Economic and financial standing
List and brief description of selection criteria:
Bidders will be required to have a minimum yearly turnover of GBP 120 000 for the last 3 years in the specific business area covered by the contract.
Where turnover information is not available for the time period requested, the bidder will be required to state the date which they were set up/started trading.
NAC reserve the right to review the bidders’ financial information including information from credit reference agencies at tender stage and throughout the life of the contract, and seek clarifications if necessary. If clarifications are not satisfactory the bidder may be excluded from the tender process.
It is a requirement of this contract that bidders hold, or can commit to obtain prior to the commence of any subsequently awarded contract, the types and levels of insurance indicated below:
Public liability insurance = GBP 5 000 000 (with confirmation that this extends to software liability cover);
Employer’s (compulsory) liability insurance = GBP 5 000 000.
III.1.3) Technical and professional ability
List and brief description of selection criteria:
Bidders will be required to provide 3 examples, within the last 5 years that demonstrate that they have the relevant experience to deliver the services as described in part II.2.4 of this contract notice. The experience provided will be for projects of a similar value, size and scope.
Unsatisfactory experience will result in a fail and exclusion from the tender process.
Bidders must provide 2 satisfactory references from 2 contracts within the last 3 years on the reference templates provided in the instruction to tenders document. References should be completed and signed by previous customers for contracts of a similar nature, value scope and size. If any of the referees score the bidder less than 2 the bidder will be excluded from the tender process. Completed reference templates must be uploaded into the general attachments area of the qualification envelope in PCS-T.
Bidders will be required to confirm whether they intend to subcontract and, if so, for what proportion of the contract.
Minimum level(s) of standards required:
Suppliers should be able demonstrate how the security of their cloud solution complies with:
— ISO 27001: Information Security Management Systems – Requirements,
— ISO 27002: Code of practice for information security controls,
— ISO 27017: Code of practice for information security controls based on ISO/IEC 27002 for cloud services,
— ISO 27018: Code of practice for protection of personally identifiable information (PII) in public clouds acting as PII processors,
— ISO 22301: Business continuity management.
If bidders are not formally certified to the above ISO standards, they will be required to provide sufficient evidence (a policy authorised by Chief Executive or equivalent) to demonstrate their level of compliance in adopting the security controls contained in these standards.
The bidder will require to have achieved either Cyber Essentials or Cyber Essentials Plus certification in order to demonstrate the security of their computer systems and networks.
Quality management procedures
1) The bidder must hold a UKAS (or equivalent) accredited independent third party certificate of compliance in accordance with BS EN ISO 9001 (or equivalent).
2) A quality management policy authorised by their Chief Executive or equivalent. Please see the ESPD Guidance documents in the instruction to tenderers document for full details.
Environmental management standards
1) The bidder must hold a UKAS (or equivalent) accredited independent third party certificate of compliance with BS EN ISO 14001 (or equivalent) or a valid EMAS (or equivalent) certificate.
2) An environmental management policy authorised by their Chief Executive or equivalent Please see the ESPD Guidance within the instruction to tenderers document for full details.
Health and safety procedures
1) The bidder must hold a UKAS (or equivalent), accredited independent third party certificate of compliance in accordance with ISO 45001(*) (or equivalent) or have, within the last 12 months, successfully met the assessment requirements of a construction-related scheme in registered membership of the Safety Schemes in Procurement (SSIP) forum.
* Organisations certified to OHSAS 18001 will require to migrate to the new standard before OHSAS 18001 is withdrawn in March 2021. NAC will continue to accept this Standard until this date however the Standard’s validity period and proposed contract period will be taken into account closer to the withdraw date.
2) A health and safety policy authorised by their Chief Executive or equivalent, and is regularly reviewed at a senior management level, which is relevant to the scale and scope of the contract.
Full details are contained within the ESPD guidance form within the Instructions to tenderers document
North Ayrshire Council have decided not to use lots for this tender for the reason stated below:
1 workshop — third sector organisations.