Description of the goods or services required
REQUEST FOR TENDERS FOR THE PROVISION OF A CONSULTANT FOR THE HOUSING STRATEGY INCLUDING HOUSING NEED AND DEMAND ASSESSMENT FOR THE LAOIS COUNTY DEVELOPMENT PLAN 2021 - 2027
In summary, the Services required comprise the provision of suitably qualified consultants for the Housing Strategy including Housing Need and Demand Assessment (HNDA) as part of the Laois County Development Plan 2021-2027. It shall comply with the principles and requirements of:
• Part V of the Planning & Development Act 2000 as amended (in particular section 94), and any subsequent amendments during the preparation of the Housing Strategy & HNDA.
• Planning & Development Regulations 2001 as amended, and any subsequent amendments during the preparation of the Housing Strategy & HNDA.
• National Planning Framework: Ireland 2040.
• Regional Spatial & Economic Strategy for the Eastern & Midlands Region.
• Part V of the Planning and Development Act, 2000 Housing Supply, Guidelines for Planning Authorities, December 2000, as amended, which are awaiting update.
• Part V of the Planning and Development Act 2000, Guidelines issued by the Minister for Housing, Planning, Community and Local Government under section 28 of the Planning and Development Act 2000, January 2017.
• Any new relevant documents, legislation and guidelines, released prior to its finalisation particularly the soon to be expected HNDA toolkit Guidance by central government.
• Achieving a climate resilient society.